Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Anxiety

I must admit, up until september I had NO idea what anxiety really was.

I mean, I heard about many people feeling anxious about something or other, but I couldn't relate to them. Even after I experienced it, I still couldn't.

Until today.

I'm sorry, I'm a fucking slow person. Just to show you how slow I am:

I had a guest from America here. I told him I was gonna bake a cake. He said it looks different from the cakes he's used to. A month after he left I remembered that cake and pie are different things in english.

You guys see? I'm a fucking idiot.

Anyway, so when I was talking to my sis on the phone today, I finally got it. She was talking about chest pains and anxiety and stress and panic attacks. I finally got it that what I felt for about a week, some people feel every day of every week of every month.

I mean, I went through that and I felt like I was gonna throw up any minute. You know that feel, right bro? Well, think of that feeling never leaving you. You go to sleep with that feeling, you wake up with that feeling. And you know those butterflies that fly around your stomach every time you see your crush? Those butterflies just suddenly had a panic-attack and are mauling your intestines. Also, your head just has an indefinite date with a lumberjack, whose got a billion logs, the forearms of Hulk Hogan and nothing but fucking time.

You can't imagine this shit, until you've felt it. You just can't.

I went through that and felt worse than shit. And my anxiety lasted only for about a week! I feel bad for people who have to deal with this shit for more than a week. No, scratch that, I feel sorry for people who have to feel like that at all!

And now that I know what my sis feels on a daily basis, I don't know what to do. I want to help her, but what can I do?! I'm... I'm meeting her this weekend. She has to work on weekends, but work ends at about 6 PM, so at least we can hang out in the afternoon. But I still wanna relieve her stress somehow.

Guys, please advise.

6 comments:

  1. I know what she's going through. There's nothing you can do to help her. Except when you can remove her 'problem'. This feeling is not just gonna go away, when you say some comforting words to make it better. I fucking hate this feeling. I thought I was the only one who feels like that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I want to help her. Somehow.

      I know I felt just a little bit better when I could talk to either you or Chopper during my anxiety. But I guess it might not work for everybody.

      I baked a pie for her. Should I try and do something else?

      Delete
  2. That's cute. That's verry cute. Food is always the answer.
    But I still don't think it's gonna work.
    When you figure out what helps her, than tell me. I need some advise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't give you any advice because I have never experianced it, but if there is any other way I can help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete