Wednesday, January 2, 2013

[GIF post] Fun stuff

First of all:
 

 And now on to normal news of the week:

Kind of wanted to start watching some new series a few days ago. So I looked some up and now I'm watching Doctor Who 2005. And I'm at the 3rd season in three days. Pretty neat, right?

Anyway, some trivia for those who'd like to start watching it or are considering watching it;

* Some episodes are written by the creators of Sherlock BBC, aka. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss. And you can really see it; their episodes make you feel... different... feelings... Wow, I really suck at explaining this.
Thing is, though, that I've seen so many jokes in there that were eventually used in Sherlock BBC. It's so weird to hear those jokes in Doctor Who, when I saw Sherlock first. 
What if like, the Doctor and Sherlock ever met!



* Doctor Who does not endorse "gay" behaviour, but teaches up a generation who is more tolerant. There is never a lot of it in there; it's still mostly heterosexual as far as I've seen. 
But there are references... There was even a small tiny little kiss between the Doctor and Captain Jack (who is extremely hot!) at the end of the first season. But as far as I know there have been no more. Though there are so many innuendos and jokes and references in there. Being gay is a norm. Also, when people asked Moffat (the writer for the latest seasons) what the Doctor would think of gay marriage, then Moffat said that first you'd have to explain 'gay' to him, and then 'straight'. But ultimately he said, 
"He comes from a world where such narrow views seem so ridiculous they’re hard to remember."





And yeah... that guy there is Captain Jack! God he's sexy! Anyway, back to normality again...

 * Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) has played a Doctor (the ninth Doctor) in a spoof.


* Some of the people who were considered for the 11th Doctor were Daniel Radcliffe and Catherine Zeta-Jones, among others.






Anyway, so let's talk about what exactly Doctor Who is about. It's about aliens. Short and simple. And it's fucking glorious! And it's also about time travel. Mostly about time travel and aliens.

And it's so awesome when the Doctor meets Shakespeare and other historical figures! Shakespeare was especially awesome, because he was so... guhhh!!!

You know all those myths? Vampires, werewolves, the Loch Ness etc.? All aliens :D Awesome explanation amirite?






Anyway, Doctor Who is a bit like Sherlock, but it's more family-oriented. If you're waiting for the last season of Sherlock, like me, then I suggest watching something. Something like Doctor Who. :)

5 comments:

  1. I have started watching BBC Merlin again. That helps me too, as i wait for Sherlock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear... Listen, has Merlin ended? Does it have it's last season out yet? Because if so, then I may have spoiled myself with the biggest spoiler in the show. And I wasn't even trying. No, seriously, I was looking for Doctor Who related stuff and I kind of came upon a few lines of Merlin stuffs.

      (Ultimately; even if I start watching Merlin, I now know how it'll end.)

      That said; watch Doctor Who! It's fun! And also, call me sometime! Or Skype me! Or something!

      Delete
    2. MNlittleone! This is Earth calling! Please come to your senses and watch Merlin immediately, now, NOW!!! That's an order, OVNI!

      Delete
  2. Guys, I have some news. My dad is obsessed with Game Of Thrones. When I asked hin, that WHY is he watching THIS, then he said it's one of the best TV series he's ever seen. Dafuqq is wrong with everybody? I guess winter is coming
    Nolifers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, Game of Thrones is awesome; don't diss it!

      Maybe I should start watching it again...

      Oh, word of advice; never watch it with a family member!

      Delete